The Angel Island Hideout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sonic Fan Forum made by Sonic fans, for Sonic Fans

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterVaultArcadeLog in
Current News:
Welcome all new users.

Current status on the seventh comic: under production.

Recommendations for the new arcade and Video Vault are needed.
New Spring background has been added to the site.
Birthdays
No members are celebrating a birthday today.

The Discussion Lounge

Go down 
+6
Bisylizzie
Shadow_chaos_47
Shadow dude 64
HS22
silversapphire
Miles24
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow_chaos_47

Shadow_chaos_47

The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Wow
Thats... kinda cool
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:18 pm

If you heard how loud the thunder was, you wouldn't exactly agree to that.
Back to top Go down
silversapphire

silversapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:14 pm

Whoa. I love thunderstorms.
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:18 pm

silversapphire wrote:
Whoa. I love thunderstorms.

As do I, but only to a certain extent. Once they reach a certain point, I become a bit more frightened than interested.
Back to top Go down
silversapphire

silversapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:28 pm

It's strange. I like stuff like that. I love it when that "EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM" comes on the TV, too. It's all "BEEP BEEP BEEP eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp" They give me the chills. Cool
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:33 pm

silversapphire wrote:
It's strange. I like stuff like that. I love it when that "EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM" comes on the TV, too. It's all "BEEP BEEP BEEP eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp" They give me the chills. Cool

Agreed. When I was younger, I used to turn my radio on during the night and slept with it on. It was always tuned into a radio station in Buffalo, and once a month, they would test the Emergency Alert System, which had a tendency to wake me up every time it was tested. Though I'm sure that we don't have anything of the such in Canada, it definately is a useful system when needed.
Back to top Go down
silversapphire

silversapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:41 pm

Yeah, the only reason we get them is for storms. But for whatever reason, in Pittsburgh, they broadcast them for every little thunderstorm, and there's a lot of them here, so they are played a lot.
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 2:48 pm

We usually recieve a warning bulletin from Enviroment Canada on the bottom of the screen on The Weather Network, (Canadian version of The Weather Channel) though nothing more. We usually recieve severe thunderstorms during the Summer, but the severity depends more on which direction it is moving.
Back to top Go down
Shadow_chaos_47

Shadow_chaos_47

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:40 pm

Yeah, but nothing beats a snowstorm in October. Did anyone other then me get hit by that? It cut out the power and heat in my house
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:46 pm

We didn't have as much snow at the time, but I heard abou the amount of snow that had fallen in other places. Then there was the snow storm that we had in March of last year, the day just before Super smash Bros. Brawl was going to be released. My family and I had to shovel the walkway in front of my house possibly more than three times. The recorded amount of snowfall was more than what had fallen during the Blizzard of '77.
Back to top Go down
Shadow_chaos_47

Shadow_chaos_47

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:49 pm

I remember that storm. It seriously broke the '77 storm's record. Geez...
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:57 pm

Shadow_chaos_47 wrote:
I remember that storm. It seriously broke the '77 storm's record. Geez...

There actually wasn't an extremely large amount of snow during the Blizzard of '77 though. Seeing that the Great Lakes were frozen over at the time, the wind from the storm blew the snow that was on Lake Erie inland, bringing more snow than what was expected to the area.
Back to top Go down
silversapphire

silversapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:27 pm

Miles24 wrote:
We usually recieve a warning bulletin from Enviroment Canada on the bottom of the screen on The Weather Network, (Canadian version of The Weather Channel) though nothing more. We usually recieve severe thunderstorms during the Summer, but the severity depends more on which direction it is moving.
Yeah, it doesn't matter the severity. As long as it's a thunderstorm. They're paranoid here in Pittsburgh, I guess. But I haven't seen one in quite a while... Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:37 pm

silversapphire wrote:
Miles24 wrote:
Yeah, it doesn't matter the severity. As long as it's a thunderstorm. They're paranoid here in Pittsburgh, I guess. But I haven't seen one in quite a while... Hmmm...

We had one recently, but Enviroment Canada can be rather slow at times in releasing watches and warnings to weather stations and news casts.
Back to top Go down
lightening marine

lightening marine

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 7:49 pm

i live in hamburg and we got hit hardest by the "october storm" and school was almost knocked out for the entire month
Back to top Go down
silversapphire

silversapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:20 pm

YAY I'm done with my Freshman year today!
*throws party*
Back to top Go down
KOY280
Hideout Moderator
KOY280

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm

silversapphire wrote:
YAY I'm done with my Freshman year today!
*throws party*
I still have this week, next week, and then a week of exams.... Sad
But, I only have to go to school one and one-half days on exam week...yay.
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm beginning to look forward to the end of the school year now. I just recently finished writing a three page essay on Zebra Mussels, and there isn't very much information available in large amounts within the internet. It took quite a bit of work to fnish it within the needed length, and I'm a bit exaused due to it. Sleeping
Back to top Go down
Shadow_chaos_47

Shadow_chaos_47

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:04 pm

I finished an essay on the Advancements of Thought in the 19th Century For Grade 12 History. I was a pain, especially when I had to practically rewrite the whole thing. Grrr...
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Shadow_chaos_47 wrote:
I finished an essay on the Advancements of Thought in the 19th Century For Grade 12 History. I was a pain, especially when I had to practically rewrite the whole thing. Grrr...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it the ISP for the class?
Back to top Go down
Shadow_chaos_47

Shadow_chaos_47

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Technically, it was not. My ISP was divided into there separate essays. It was pretty annoying, but I finished them all.
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:50 pm

That's good to hear. I still have to finish my Science ISP before the deadline for all outstanding major assignments next week.
Back to top Go down
Shadow_chaos_47

Shadow_chaos_47

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:17 am

Oh Goodie that sounds like fun (sarcasm).
Back to top Go down
Miles24
Hideout Founder
Miles24

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Well, it seems that Thunderstorms are once again up for discussion, especially seeing the fact that the region I live within is currently under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning.
Back to top Go down
lightening marine

lightening marine

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 12:59 pm

i dont' care 'bout T-storms i care 'bout the heat!!!

what is the temperature where you live it's 82 in Western NY and i have 2 fans going full speed and i'm still sweating...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Discussion Lounge   The Discussion Lounge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Discussion Lounge
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next