The Angel Island Hideout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sonic Fan Forum made by Sonic fans, for Sonic Fans

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterVaultArcadeLog in
Current News:
Welcome all new users.

Current status on the seventh comic: under production.

Recommendations for the new arcade and Video Vault are needed.
New Spring background has been added to the site.
Birthdays
No members are celebrating a birthday today.

More about da SonicFreak!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SonicFreak!

SonicFreak!

More about da SonicFreak! Empty
PostSubject: More about da SonicFreak!   More about da SonicFreak! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:29 am

*This was orginally part of my special forum anniversary topic.
Orginal Topic of my History can be found here- http://sonicfreaks.forumotion.net/the-history-of-sonicfreak-f36/sonicfreak-s-fanhood-bio-t1410.htm

Anyway here it goes.
More about da SonicFreak! Sonicfreakavatar-1

Sup I'm SonicFreak and thats my Real Life pic as well that you see above.
My real normal life name is Kensley though.
I"m 17 years old and I've been a Sonic Fan since 1993 when I was only 2 years old.
So I've been a Sonic Fan probably the longest out of everyone here.
Just about 15 years of being a Sonic Fan.
That's a long time.
And considering I been around since Sonic been out during the Sega Genesis era where it all started, I have a long experience with Sonic.

Anyway, for those who always wonder,
-What makes this guy such a SonicFreak?
or
-Why does he consider himself one of the biggest Sonic Fans?
or
-Whys does he know so much about Sonic and why he's so old school?

Well my bio will explain it all as I will tell you how my SonicFreak life began, starting when I was only 2 years old!

1-Birthday Gift
It's 1993, July 20th and its my 2nd Birthday. And on that day I recieved a gift that would change my life for years to come. I recieved a gift that my grandmother sent me and it was my very own Sega Genesis. And it was a special edition when it came with Sonic 2 free.
That was my first video game system and game that I ever played.

I had no idea that it was gonna evolve into something greater than that as I continued to play it and become a fan of Sega and Sonic.

2-Becoming a Sonic Gamer
Eventually I discovered the original Sonic as I already owned the 2nd sequel. I was too little to understan sequels and part 2's and such, so since I started with Sonic 2 and then played Sonic 1, I thought Sonic 1 was new, so I begged my mom to buy it and I spent my days on Sega playing both of them.

A couple years later when I was 4 years old, my collection has expanded and I now had a Sega Saturn, from there I had Sonic Jam, a Sonic Mega Collection like game, with all the Sega Genesis sequals of Sonic.
So no more renting Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3, I have them in a collection now!

And next thing you know, I became a Sonic Gamer at a very young age.

3-Sonic Franchise
The 1990's was the age where Sonic's popularity was the highest. Kids at my elementry school in Kindergarden would bring Sonic Toys and Plushies for Show and Tell. And you know what any 5 year old would do, beg! So eventually I began to collect the toys.
(I remember I used to beg for the special Sonic bubble gum which was put in these plastic gamergear controllers)

Then of course, the T.V Series!
For the 1-6 years of my life, I grew up in the U.K, I grew up watching the "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" with scratch and grounder. I never saw the Sonic Underground series or SatAM.

Then next thing you know, I evolved into a SonicFreak!

4-Comic Guy
A few years passed and I now moved into the U.S now and away from the U.K. Things were no different, people still love Sonic at my school and neighborhood, but this was during the Dreamcast Era, so Sonic wasn't as sky high popular. It was all about mario with the N64, which I mainly played (Yeah, surprised as a SonicFreak).
But at this point I had a
-Sega Genesis
-GameGear
-Sega Saturn
-Super Nintendp
-N64
My parents last to buy me is another game system.
So for a while around my 7-9 year old life, I played a lot of mario.

In the meanwhile, my local store sold Sonic Comics, which I was introduced to Archie Sonic Comics, eventually I began to collect them every month for years.

I had no idea that to this very day, I would have this many!
More about da SonicFreak! 1251054432

5-Sonic Club
Years passed and I managed finally get a Gamecube around 2005.
(very late to be getting a Gamecube) I wast 13 around this time and was in Middle school. This was actually the year when I built my SonicFreak title and it became my nickname!
The Dreamcast Era passed and it's now the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance Era, this was when Sonic became just as popular as he did in the 1990's.

Of course I was one the biggest Sonic fans known and I would spend my classroom days, cutting and glue sprites, that I printed and made Sonic Sprite Comics!
They were so awesome and I used to come up with brilliant stories and people in my class would pass them around and read them.
Eventually my friends started making sprite comics, so I started a School Club, called the Sonic Club!
Every Lunch and Afterschool in the library we would organize a club meeting!
It was so awesome, we had our own membership cards with you favorite Sonic character on it and we used to share Sonic magazines, comics and sprite sheets to each other!
(Man I miss those days!)
Next thing you know, I was began to be called SonicFreak, because I was known as the
Quote :

The Biggest Sonic Fan that youll ever meet!

6-Present Day
Today, I'm now in my final year of High school and I'm about to graduate!
Sonic isn't as popular now, because many of the people who I know who loved sonic now grew out of it and matured.
It ALMOST happened to me, but you know what kept my SonicFreak Spirit alive?
Being here at =SF= SonicFreak Forums!

Thanks for reading my bio.
Hopefully now that you understand my History, you would understand me more and why I'm known to be a SonicFreak!

Forum Founder,
SonicFreak!
Back to top Go down
SonicFreak!

SonicFreak!

PostSubject: Re: More about da SonicFreak!   More about da SonicFreak! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:32 am

Also, I wouldn't mind if you joined my forum.
(see sig for link.)
Back to top Go down
matthew_m_s

PostSubject: Re: More about da SonicFreak!   More about da SonicFreak! EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 am

As far as I know, Adventures of sonic the Hedgehog = SatAm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More about da SonicFreak!   More about da SonicFreak! Empty

Back to top Go down

More about da SonicFreak!
Page 1 of 1